Saturday, May 17, 2008

Another reason I miss Idaho

There are not many places left that you can go out on a mountain bike ride and come across a scene such as this. I actually came upon a similar scene years ago on a bike ride to Bone, ID with my friend Heather. This time I was with her husband, David. This took place in Wolverine Canyon, south of Idaho Falls. A few years back Doug and I were riding further back in this same canyon and came upon about 600 sheep being herded back to their summer grazing area.

I was back in Idaho for a week for a job interview and to get my garden planted. It was a great visit. I got to spend every day with Ben. I had planned on including a photo of him that I had taken but I notice he was flipping the camera his IQ, so I won't be including that photo. At what age do teenage boys grow out of flipping off the camera? By and large, girls just don't do that. Come to think of it, plenty of boys don't do it either. I guess my kid is just a neanderthal.

This is the only bike ride I had the opportunity to take on this trip. Wolverine Canyon is my favorite area near Idaho Falls. It has trees, rushing streams, cliffs, caves and abundant wildlife. Very unlike mosts of the open space surrounding Idaho Falls. We were turned back from our final destination by snow pack on the rode.


No comments: