Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pole Canyon: A Two Stroke HWY to Hell

I naively thought I would spend some quality outdoor time snowshoeing up Pole Canyon and perhaps capture some wildlife photos and just enjoy the serenity of one of my favorite local trails. Nope.

Call me biased and judgmental but I just think people don't deserve to be out in the wilderness unless they come to be there under their own power. I wonder if these men think of themselves as lovers of nature. They obviously love being out in nature, but sn't their presence on those obnoxious machines detrimental the very existence of the natural world? In the case of Pole Canyon, they are passing right through the center of a major wildlife corridor. Believe me, no animals are going to be utilizing that area as a means for traversing north and south, even though it is a natural corridor for such travel by wildlife.

I was hoping for this:


But instead got this:


In my quest to make lemonade out of lemons, I came back the next day with my trail shoes and spikes and ran the damn snowy highway.

No comments: