Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Saying Goodbye Saying Hello

Two years ago I did not think it was possible; I fell in love with St Louis. It's the Midwest for god's sake, no mountains, crazy humid, lots-0-mosquitoes. We did not make many friends (we never do) but the ones we made are golden. I could not have asked for a better school for Owen. Anywhere else will be a real adjustment for Owen and will never compare more favorably. The house, the neighbors, the location within the city...I could not have asked for better.


Our final week included (in between packing boxes)......

....as much time as possible with my wonderful friend and commuting buddy, Lynnea.

.... a year-end school picnic at "the farm"


.... a trip to visit my cousin at the Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage in north eastern Missouri.





Yet I am SOOOO glad to be home. Because home means Idaho and our best friends and the Tetons and no mosquitos. We love mountain biking and hiking and traveling to other places out west. We even love being liberal in a conservative stronghold. Times are changing here in good ole Idaho Falls and I like being part of that change.

No comments: